My Sprinkler System Won't Run
You've just come from work and realized that the sprinkler system has not ran for the day. "What do I do?"
First and foremost, relax! Even if there is a problem with your sprinkler system, you can always have the peace of mind that our experts at Superior Sprinkle Services will promptly be at your service. We offer same day or next day service for your convenience.
Before you do call, please try these troubleshooting tests that may correct your sprinkler repair problem.
- Make sure all supply valves are in the "on" position. There is at least one in the basement and two outside on the backflow device.
- Make sure the clock is on, reset it by turning it from auto to off; try to initiate system again.
- Does the clock seem to be operating? Is there a read out? If your clock is electro-mechanical does it move or have the correct time? If the answer is yes, continue to the next line. If no, check the power to make sure there is current to the outlet. If there is no power, check the circuit breaker and all GFI outlets in the house. These are the outlets with the 2 buttons on them. Sometimes these outlets are wired on the same circuit as the controller and if tripped, will prevent operation.
- Does the clock itself have a fuse? if so, unplug the clock and check it. If it needs to be replaced, make sure the replacement is exactly the same amperage.
- Do you have a rain switch? If you do, has it rained recently? If the rain switch is not a possibility, continue to the next line.
- When you turn the clock on and off can you hear water running? Check the meter, is water flowing? If the answer is yes it is likely a line is cut somewhere on the system causing a severe loss in pressure which may be preventing the heads from popping up.